Mr W Jones, Head of Humanities, History
Mrs J Fathers, Head of Geography, RP
Mrs C Hancox, Head of Religious Philosophy (RP), History
Ms C Gerard, Geography
Mrs A Pope, History
Mrs A Eady, RP, History
Ms R Hodgson, RP, History
Mrs C France, RP
Please click here to view the Head of Department/History Video
Please click here to view Geography Video
Please click here to view Religious Philosophy Video
RP: Our intention is to provide a stimulating Religious Philosophy curriculum that:
Enables students to develop into inquisitive, conscientious learners who are confident exploring and discussing topics of a sensitive and diverse nature.
- Challenges students with questions about belief, values, meaning, purpose and truth, enabling them to develop their own attitudes towards religious, ethical and moral issues whilst adopting respectful attitudes to the views of others in a wider society.
- They will develop analytical and critical thinking skills, the ability to work with abstract ideas, leadership and research skills. All these skills will help prepare them for further study and diversity of the workplace.
Our intention is to provide a stimulating History curriculum that:
Enables students to enjoy, thrive and become passionate learners with a curiosity about the past.
- Produce informed, responsible citizens who ask critical questions about where we came from, who we are and what we want to be as a society.
- Develop a range of transferrable skills that will allow them to access a wide variety of careers and vocations.
Our intention is to provide a challenging and stimulating Geography curriculum that:
- inspires in students a curiosity and fascination for the planet and their place in it for many years to come.
- encourages students to play a crucial role in understanding our world; working collaboratively to recognise the issues/challenges facing our planet, and how to mitigate against them.
- develops competence in geographical skills; deepening students understanding of geographical processes, and enables them to utilise these skills after they leave school.