The Priory School is an Extended School. An Extended School is one that provides a range of activities and services beyond the school day, to help meet the needs of its students, their families and the community.
Evidence suggests that learning and other family support services offered through extended schools can have a positive impact on children’s achievements, motivation and self – esteem.
The Priory School has developed the following areas as an Extended School.
- Parent Support – A Parents page is now available on our website with 'Useful Links' to family support services and other specialist services.
View the Support for Parents page.
The school also provides courses to:
- Support parents/carers e.g. Maths & English Support Sessions, iPads for Beginners and photoshop, Dealing with Stress, Sewing, Woodwork, Sketching and Drawing and Nutrition & Healthy Eating.
- Promote Family Learning giving parents/carers and their children the opportunity to spend time together learning new skills and having fun such as attending a holiday spanish course, music or jewellery making sessions.
- Activities beyond the school day – The school provides a range of after school activities which are available free to all students.
View the Clubs and Activities page.
- Adult Learning – The school has a wide range of community courses with signposting information for other colleges and training providers.
View a list of our Community Courses.
- Wider Community access to school facilities – The school is open from 8 am to 4 pm Monday to Friday during term time. All rooms within the school are available for hire. Many local community groups, businesses and organisations hire our facilities. For example the Sports Hall is used for various clubs e.g. netball, football, badminton and Ju Jitsu and our Main Hall is used for orchestra and band practices, dance clubs and local community.
Hiring our facilities
- If you are interested in hiring a room at the school please click on the link above for further details.
For further information on hiring our facilities please contact Deb Stephens on 01743 284022 or email her at email@example.com
For further Information about Extended Schools please contact Sandra Cooper on 01743 284011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org